[Review] Recombinant Collagen Single-Use Essence
When the famous Chinese skincare brand 'Komfymed' hit our local drugstore shelves in Malaysia, I was excited and curious to try their Recombinant Collagen Single-Use Essence, as I didn’t own any beauty products with a similar concept. Marketed as a collagen essence that delivers deep hydration, repairs the skin barrier, reduces redness, targets fine lines, and soothes sensitive reactive skin, it immediately caught my attention.
Since I have some lingering inflammation on my cheeks from a strong laser treatment in the past, I’m always on the lookout for soothing skincare products. After using this essence pretty consistently for nearly three weeks, I found it works well for layering with stronger acid-based products—it calms my skin noticeably and reduces irritation. On its own, however, the results are more subtle. Is it a must-have? I’d say it’s particularly valuable if you have sensitive skin that gets red easily or if you’re recovering from treatments that leave your skin reactive.
One thing I appreciate is the travel-friendly single-use packaging, which keeps each dose fresh and hygienic. That said, the downside is the amount of packaging waste it creates over time, which is worth considering if sustainability is important to you. I haven’t tried their other products yet, as I’m quite picky with ingredients, but their various masks are on my radar for future testing.
Full ingredients:
Water, butanediol, 1,2-hexanediol, ectoine, madecassoside, centella asiatica extract, soluble collagen,
sodium hyaluronate, arginine, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, sodium polyglutamate, panthenol
Other trace ingredients: Ceramide np, ceramide ap, phytosphingosine, ceramide eop,1,2-hexanediol, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, sodium hyaluronate crosspolymer, hydrolyzed sodium hyaluronate, sodium lauroyl lactylate, ethylhexylglycerin, cholesterol, xanthan gum, carbomer.


Comments
Post a Comment